SUYA SPICED SPAGHETTI AND FRIED PLANTAIN
- 200g whole wheat spaghetti (cooked)
- 2 tablespoons suya spice
- 1 medium size onion bulb, cut in strips
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 scotch bonnet peppers, chopped
- 1/4 tablespoon crushed chilli flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 seasoning cube
- 2 cooking spoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock stock or pasta water
- salt to taste
- Heat up vegetable oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add finely diced onions and sauté for 30 seconds or until a little translucent.
- Next, add finely minced garlic and sauté for a further 10 seconds or until fragrant.
- Afterwards, add chopped scotch bonnet peppers, seasoning cube, curry powder, thyme, 1 tablespoon suya spice and crushed chilli flakes. Stir to combine and leave to cook for 30 seconds. This will help release flavour into the oil.
- Next add vegetable stock or pasta water, stir to combine and bring to a light simmer.
- Add cooked spaghetti, toss to combine and ensure spaghetti is thoroughly coated with the sauce. Cover skillet with a lid and leave to cook for 2-3 minutes or until liquid is completely dried out.
- Finish off the dish by add the remaining suya spice, red and green bell strips. Toss to ensure it is well combined. Leave to cook for another minute and take off heat afterwards.