MUM’S FAVORITE VEGETABLE SOUP
- 1 bunch water leaves (chopped)
- 2 large bunch ugu leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 a bunch okazi leaves (shredded)
- 1 onion bulb (diced)
- 3 fresh chilli pepper (chopped)
- 8-10 pieces goat meat (cooked)
- Cow skin (kpomo) (cooked)
- 1 cup shredded dry smoked fish
- 1 cup shredded stock fish
- 1 cup palm oil
- 2 tablespoons crayfish
- 3 seasoning cubesSaltto taste
- In a pot on medium heat, add the palm oil and allow to heat up slightly, then add the onions and stir fry for a few seconds.
- Afterwards, add the water leaves and cook for 5- 7 minutes or till the liquid content dries up.
- Next, add the cooked meat, kpomo, dry fish, stock fish, crayfish, seasoning cubes, fresh pepper and salt to taste. Mix together to combine and leave to cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the ukazi leaves and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the ugu leaves, and allow to cook for a final 2-3 minutes.
- Then take it off the heat immediately.
- Serve with any swallow of your choice.