GARDEN EGG SAUCE
- Food Processor
- 2 mixing bowls
- 10 medium size pieces garden eggs (mixture of white and green)
- 3 medium green bell peppers
- 6 scotch bonnet peppers
- 6 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion bulb, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large smoked fish (Ejakika)
- 3 large pieces kpomo (cut in bite size pieces)
- 1 tablespoon ground crayfish
- 2 crayfish seasoning cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup palm oil
- Salt to taste
- Place the garden eggs, green bell peppers and scotch bonnet peppers in a food processor and blitz on medium speed until fully chopped. Transfer content to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a medium sized pot, heat up palm oil on medium heat for about 30 seconds
- Sauté onions and garlic for 30-45 seconds or until fragrant.
- Next add chopped tomatoes and stir fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Then add kpomo, shredded smoked fish, ground crayfish, crayfish seasoning cubes, ground pepper and continue stir frying for a further 3 minutes.
- Afterwards, add chopped garden eggs, 1 cup of water and salt to taste, stir to combine. Cover the pot and allow it to cook for a further 7 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley leaves and serve with steamed yams or plantains.