CHICKEN VEGETABLE BREAD ROLLS
- 10 bread slices
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Room temperature butter or any bread spread of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- I use chicken breasts forthis recipe. Season both sides with salt and pepper and pan-sear for about3-4mins on each side or till it is cooked through. But you can use chickendrumsticks or thighs for this recipe as well. Just use any cooking method ofchoice (grilling, boiling or frying) and cook till chicken is tender. Then usea fork to gently pull out the flesh of the chicken till it is completelyshredded.
- I use a grater to shred the carrots and a very sharp knife and chopping board to shred the cabbage and lettuce easily.
- I’d advise that you usereally soft buttery bread for this recipe. Avoid bread slices that are crumbly.
- In a mixing bowl, add the shredded chicken, cabbage, carrots and lettuce. Toss to combine then add mayonnaise and toss again, ensuring that shredded pieces are thoroughly coated with the mayonnaise.
- Next, place a bread slice on a flat surface and roll out with a rolling pin until it is very flat and a little stiff. Then, cut out the four browned sides of the bread with a sharp knife. Repeat the process for all the other slices.
- Afterwards, generously spread butter or bread spread on each slice of bread and place a heaped teaspoonful of the shredded chicken and vegetable mixture on one end of the bread slice. Then gently fold the bread from the side with the chicken and vegetable mixture and roll it up to the other end.
- Next, heat up frying pan on very low heat and lightly coat with butter or vegetable oil, then place bread rolls 2-3at a time into the pan and allow to toast up on one side for about 1-2 minute still golden brown, then flip to the other side to toast up as well for a further 1 minute.
- Next transfer the bread rolls to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- You can serve bread rolls on a bed of lettuce or cabbage with honey drizzles and some freshly squeezed orange juice or a cup of hot tea or coffee or even a bottle of cold fizzy drink. Whatever you decide to serve it with, just make sure you enjoy every bite!