CHICKEN CURRY SAUCE
- 2 tablespoon dry turmeric
- 2 thumb size fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 green chilli peppers
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 pieces chicken thighs/drumsticks
- 2 large carrots or 1 1/4 cups diced carrots
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped scotch bonnet peppers
- 1 medium red bell pepper or 1 cup diced
- 1 medium green bell peppers or 1 cup diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 2 chicken seasoning cubes
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- salt to taste
- Season the chicken with some pepper and salt.
- Place one vegetable oil in a pot set over high heat. Allow to heat up then add chicken and sear on one side for about 4 minutes or until browned then flip to the other side and allow to brown for another 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the turmeric, ginger, garlic, onion bulb in a blender alongside green chilli peppers and a small amount of the chicken stock or water. Blitz on medium speed till a smooth purée is formed. Set aside.
- Take out the chicken from the pot and set aside. If the oil in the pan is more than 2 tablespoons, kindly discard the excess.
- Next, add the purée into the pot and fry for about 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Then add the carrots and scotch bonnet peppers and stir fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Afterwards add the coconut milk, chicken stock, curry powder, seasoning cubes, ground pepper, salt to taste and seared chicken. Stir to combine and leave to cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.