- 1 large catfish
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion bulb
- 6 scotch bonnet peppers (atarodo)
- 1 chilli bell pepper (tatashe)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons pepper soup spice
- 1 crayfish seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground crayfish
- 8 pieces scent leaves
- 4 cups water
- salt to taste
- Add chili bell pepper (tatashe), scotch bonnet peppers, garlic cloves and 1/2 onion bulb to the blender. Blitz on medium speed until puréed
- Cut fish into 6 pieces, soak in hot water for about 2 minutes to remove slime. Set aside
- Heat up olive oil in a medium pot on medium heat. Cut remaining onion in strips and sauté in for about 30 seconds
- Next add the blended purée, leave to cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Afterwards, add water and transfer cleaned fish pieces to the pot. Add ground pepper, pepper-soup spice, crayfish seasoning cube, ground crayfish and salt to taste. Stir to combine. Cover pot and leave to cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Finally, add chopped scent leaves and take off heat immediately.