BROWN SUGAR CHICKEN WITH VEGGIE RICE
- 1/4 cooking spoo power oil vegetable
- 4-6 chicken thighs(bone-in)
- 1/2 onion bulb
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water or chicken sauce
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 inch root ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups brown rice
- chopped vegetables
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat up some of the cooking oil in a pan on medium to high heat and place chicken pieces skin side down.
- Allow to pan sear on one side for 3 minutes then flip to the other side to pan sear another 3 minutes. Take out of the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the chopped onions, ginger and garlic for a few seconds, then add the soy sauce, brown sugar and water… leave to simmer gently
- Then add the chicken back into the pan, cover and allow to cook for 8-10 minutes on medium-low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, steam up some brown rice and when it is fully cooked, add some of the sauce from the chicken and the chopped veggies. Give it a quick stir and serve side by side with the chicken.