BAKED BEANS SAUCE & IRISH POTATOES
- 4 cups cups baked beans
- 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers,chopped
- 1 small onion bulb,chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Salt to taste
- Irish potatoes
- Parsley leaves
For the Baked Beans Sauce
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic and chopped peppers. Stir fry for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Then add tomatoes and continue stir frying till dry.
- Afterwards, add baked beans, season with salt, stir to combine and allow to simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Finally, add mushrooms, bell peppers and peas. Stir to combine and allow to cook for another 2 minutes.
For the Irish Potatoes
- Peel Irish potatoes and place in a pot with boiling water. Allow to cook till tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain water and coat Irish potatoes with olive oil. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley leaves.
- Serve side by side with baked beans sauce.