- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 large apple, cut in small chunks
- 2 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/8 cups chopped almond nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, break in eggs, whisk to combine, then add milk, honey, vanilla extract, apples, oats. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Next, transfer dry ingredient mixture into wet ingredient mixture, mix until fully incorporated. Add the raisins, chopped dates and almonds, mix again to combine, but don’t over mix. Set aside.
- Line a muffin pan with paper cups and scoop the batter half-way into each cup.
- Place in a 350 degrees preheated oven and allow to bake for 25 mins or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Afterwards, place on a cooling rack and allow to cool off completely before eating.