- 1/2 tuber of a medium size yam
- 5 large fresh tomatoes
- 2 fresh peppers
- 3 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion bulb
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 2 cooking spoons palm-oil
- 1 tablespoon dry ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 table spoon crayfish
- 2 seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste.
- Blend fresh tomatoes, fresh pepper, 2 red bell peppers, onion bulb & garlic cloves. Set blended purée in a pot on medium heat and leave to dry.
Note – the remaining bell pepper will be used for garnishing.
- Fry dry tomato purée with palm oil.
- Peel the skin off the yam and dice yam in big cubes.
- Bring water to boil and add yam cubes.
- When yam is half-way cooked, stir in fried tomato purée.
- Add crayfish, remaining seasoning cubes, curry powder, thyme, dry ground pepper and salt to taste. Cover pot and leave to cook till yam is soft.
- While that is cooking, dice green bell pepper, remaining red bell pepper and spring onions.
- Add sweet corn, diced green and red bell peppers, stir to combine and then turn off heat.
- Serve yam with fried chicken or any of your preferred protein.
Note: this meal is best served HOT!!!