Okra Soup Recipe
INGREDIENTS 2 cups chopped okra 1/2 cup palm oil 10 pcs goat meat 5 pcs kpomo (Cow skin) 3 pcs smoked fish 3 pcs stock fish 1/4 teaspoon opeyi (local seasoning) (optional) 6 seasoning cubes 2 medium onion bulbs 5 pcs ...
- 2 cups chopped okra
- 1/2 cup palm oil
- 10 pcs goat meat
- 5 pcs kpomo (Cow skin)
- 3 pcs smoked fish
- 3 pcs stock fish
- 1/4 teaspoon opeyi (local seasoning) (optional)
- 6 seasoning cubes
- 2 medium onion bulbs
- 5 pcs fresh red pepper
- 5 pcs fresh yellow pepper
- 1 table spoon crayfish
- 1 cup chopped pumpkin (ugu) leaves
- 1 table spoon ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- Thoroughly wash goat meat, kpomo and shaki with tap water. Season with 1 onion, 3 seasoning cubes, 1/2 table spoon ground pepper and salt. Add 1-2 cups of water, mix thoroughly. Set on medium heat and cook till tender.
- Thoroughly wash stock fish and dry fish, first with hot water and afterwards with tap water. You may need to further boil your stock fish depending on its toughness. Your stock fish should be very tender.
- Blend remaining onion, yellow peppers and red peppers with an electric blender till a puree is formed.
- In another pot, add palm oil, set on medium for 10 seconds or until the palm oil is fully liquid then add diced onions and sauté for 30-45 seconds.
- Next, add the crayfish, remaining seasoning cubes, stir to combine.
- Next add 2 cups of meat stock and some more water if the meat stock isn’t enough. Bring to a light simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- After that you add the open, ground pepper, stock fish, dry fish, chopped yellow and red pepper and the cooked meat. Leave to simmer for 1 minute.
- Next, add the chopped okra, stir to combine and leave to cook for another minute.
- Sprinkle some salt for taste and add chopped pumpkin leaves (ugu), stir to combine and turn off heat immediately.