Prep Time: 20mins. Cook time: 15 mins.
Yield: 6 servings. Level: Very Easy.
- 10 medium irish potatoes, finely diced
- 4 pieces sausage, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 seasoning cube
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Place diced irish potatoes in a vegetable steamer and leave to steam for 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can put potatoes on a flat plate, place in a microwave on high heat and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat up 1 table spoon olive oil, add diced sausage and sauté on medium heat for 2 minutes. Transfer to a flat plate and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to the same skillet and allow to heat up on medium heat.
- Next, transfer steamed potatoes to the skillet. Ensure that the potatoes do not overlap each other. Do not stir it around at this time.
- Leave to cook for 5 minutes before turning it around with a spoon.
- Afterwards, add seasoning cube, curry powder, thyme, pepper and salt to taste. Stir to combine.
- Then add onions and garlic, stir to combine. Leave to cook for another 3 minutes or until potatoes are tender but not too soft. You don’t want to end up with soggy potatoes.
- Next, add bell peppers, stir to combine.
- Finally, add sausage, stir again to combine and turn off heat immediately.
- You can serve this dish with plain omelet or on its own with a cup of tea or fresh juice.