My Bow-tie Pasta Salad recipe is a quick and easy salad recipe that can be prepared in less than 20 minutes. From the length of this post, you can even tell how easy it is to create this salad. It is filled with lots of Italian goodness! Creamy, crunchy, tasty, healthy, yummy…I can go on and on. This pasta salad gets my attention all the time. I recently made it for a couple of friends I had over for Saturday lunch and that was all we spoke about for the duration of the lunch…no, my friends are not boring, they were only amazed at how a salad could look so colorful and taste so great. As usual I had to share my recipe with them. For some of them, it has become a staple salad on their lunch/dinner table. Check out the recipe below;
Prep Time: 20mins.
Yield: 6 servings.
Level: Very easy.
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 bunch fresh lettuce, shredded
- 3 cups bow-tie pasta
- 1 cup chopped fried bacon
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup creamy ranch
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, add pasta and cook according to package instruction.
- Afterwards, rinse under cold water and place in a colander to drain. Then transfer to a mixing bowl and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, combine creamy ranch and Italian dressing, mix thoroughly to combine then add to the pasta bowl. Toss well, ensuring that the pasta is fully coated.
- Finally, add the diced onion, tomato, lettuce and bacon to the pasta bowl. Season with salt and pepper, mix well to combine.
- You can serve immediately or place in a refrigerator to chill.